Wednesday, 1 September 2010

FENN'S QUAY TERRACE

Fenn's Quay Terrace 1986

FENNS QUAY
 (the terrace)

Most Corkonians walk past Fenns Quay without realising its architectural importance. And I’m not talking just about No 5 which houses one of the city’s best restaurants, one of my favourites.

“The buildings 2-5 Fenns Quay comprise the majority of an 18th century terrace with remarkably intact interiors and has been “conserved, with European funding, in the Corporation’s Historic Area Action Plan and the project was awarded the  RIAI Silver Medal in 2005 .” (summary of info in Cork Corporation’s Cork Heritage Open Day handbook)

It has certainly improved the area since my photo was taken in October 86, taken because I thought it resembled some townscapes I had seen in Brittany.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.