CHURCH OF THE RESURRECTION
Blarney’s Church of the Resurrection has a good position, looking down on the village but still very much in the centre. With Carrigrohane and Inniscarra, it forms the Carrigrohane Union of Parishes (Church of Ireland). Every first Sunday, the three congregations get together for a joint service in Carrigrohane’s St Peter’s.
Built in 1776, the church is the oldest functioning building in the town square. It included a private gallery for the family that owned Blarney Castle. The stained glass windows, both featuring the resurrection, are by Hardman in 1867 and by the Harry Clarke Studios (1926). The church was renovated in 1997.
021 4877 260