Wednesday, 3 February 2010

SNEEM Co KERRY

SNEEM


The picturesque Kerry village has a lot going for it besides being on the Ring of Kerry.


It has pyramids (well, small ones), a garden of the senses, sculptures all over the place (including one of Steve Casey who lived in Boston and earned the name "Crusher" by becoming World Champion Wrestling in 1938 – 1947) art galleries, a beer tasting festival, a community barbecue and more, including the nearby bronze age Staigue Fort.



I have never stayed there but have been close by on a few occasions and a I regularly make a point of calling when I’m in the area as it is a very lovely spot indeed, well supplied with accommodation (B & Bs and Hotels), pubs and green and pleasant areas within the village.



Check out my review of Sneem Village - I am cork - on Qype



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.